Thursday, January 08, 2009

Response to the SOA Obituary

Well, this has been an entertaining week. Sensationalism is fun.

On Monday afternoon I published a SOA Obituary. Here are some of my favorite responses:
  • Miko renamed his soacenter.org web site to whatevercenter.com
  • Miko and friends (Ron Schmelzer, Todd Biske, JP Morgenthal, and others) decided to rename SOA to TAFKAS (The Architecture Formerly Known as SOA), which has been picked up by quite a few others
  • David Worthington named me the "Ann Coulter of the analyst community". (Actually I don't like this comparison at all)
  • ribaribigrizerep on reddit referred to me as "some chick"
  • Harvey Stage posted a comment to blog and referred to it as "a boat load of regurgitated crap"
  • Amin Abbasopour posted a comment saying, " 'Anne" is a new word in dictionary meaning 'insight + courage' "
  • Loraine Lawson gets it and adds excellent insight in SOA:Dead as Elvis
  • Sandy Carter doesn't get it, and Tweeted erroneously, "Well, this SOA is dead article is written by the same group that four years ago wrote a report called Java is Dead. (I’m not kidding.)" (The report was called "JEE5: The Beginning of the End of Java EE." There's a big difference between Java and Java EE.)
  • Nick Gall (as expected) used the opportunity to denounce services and promote WOA. (I don't wholy disagree with Nick -- I'm a proponent of exploiting the Web more effectively, and I firmly believe that REST is [in most circumstances] a better way to go -- but he and I have a very different definition of "service".)

2 comments:

abby brock said...

My partner and I stumbled over here from a different web page and thought I might check things out. I like what I see so now i am following you. Look forward to going over your web page repeatedly.

abby brock said...

But, as I said earlier, we must accept that there are two sides of every aspect or a thing, one is good, and one is bad. Human being has not even spared Xanax, and used it as an intoxicating drug, rather abused it.

movers in virginia